The search for the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 has been suspended for the day because of bad weather.
It is the second time the search has been suspended this week.
The Australian Maritime Safety Authority (AMSA) foreshadowed earlier on Thursday that weather in the search zone, some 2500km southwest of Perth, was expected to deteriorate.
In a tweet sent just after 12.30pm WST, AMSA said the search for the wreckage of the Boeing 777 had been called off for the day.
“All planes are returning to Perth and ships are leaving the search area,” AMSA said.
The first aircraft scheduled to leave the RAAF Base Pearce, 35km north of the West Australian capital, was a Chinese Ilyushin IL-76, followed by two RAAF AP-3C Orions.
Five vessels including the HMAS Success and four Chinese ships were also forced to suspend searching for flight MH370.
Two RAAF P3 Orions, a Japanese Gulfstream jet, a US Navy P8 Poseidon and a Japanese P3 Orion had been scheduled to fly sorties throughout the day, along with five civil aircraft carrying 34 State Emergency Services volunteers as air observers.
The suspension of the search came after new satellite images obtained from France-based Airbus Defence and Space showed 122 pieces of debris potentially from the missing flight.
Previously revealed satellite images from China, Australia and France showed items floating in the southern Indian Ocean, where the plane is believed to have crashed, leaving no survivors.
So far, none of the objects have been recovered.
Flight MH370 vanished on March 8 with 239 passengers and crew on board.
Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott has said the search would continue until there was no hope of finding anything.